Let’s understand the process in brief.
IVF (In Vitro Fertilization) is one of the infertility treatments for couples who are not able to conceive naturally. The process starts by collecting sperm from a male partner and eggs from a female partner. These are processed under a controlled environment which results in an embryo. The embryo is transmitted directly to the uterus, and the pregnancy test is taken after 14 days.
Now, the IVF treatment is not as simple as it sounds. The woman needs to take utmost care during the entire process to increase the success of the treatment. As the best IVF hospital in Ahmedabad, we have compiled a list of do’s and don’ts for women during IVF treatment with the help of experienced infertility specialists.
Do’s for women during IVF treatment
- You must eat healthy and balanced meals for one. Additionally, you can include fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grains, protein-based food, low-fat dairy products, and legumes.
- Most women can work out during the treatment. However, you may visit our IVF center in Ahmedabad and take expert advice.
- IVF treatment may give you some stress that has to be managed well. You can follow stress-relieving techniques, such as meditation, writing, drawing, cooking, etc.
- Quality sleep of at least 7 hours is a must during IVF treatment.
- The IVF process can be emotionally challenging. You may want to go for psychological counseling.
- You may wear light and breathable clothes.
Don’ts for women during IVF treatment
- You should not make any considerable changes in your eating habits. In addition, you may cut down on red meat, sugar, processed food, salt, flavoured food, and refined grains.
- You must avoid some chemicals that you may interact with on a regular basis.
- Formaldehyde – nail paint
- Parabens, triclosan, and benzophenone – cosmetics, moisturizers, and soap
- Per fluorinated compounds – non-stick cooking tools
- Dioxins – meat and dairy
- You must avoid high caffeine during the treatment.
- It is advisable not to exercise for weight loss.
- It is also advisable to quit alcohol and smoking for the time being.
- After embryo transfer, try not to take a hot bath or stay in a hot tub. It may cause congenital disabilities.
IVF treatment is one of the crucial procedures. You must look after yourself or your partner during the process. You need to consider these do’s and don’ts for enhancing the chances of pregnancy. As we are the best IVF center in Ahmedabad, you may want to make an appointment for further guidance from our infertility specialists.