Surrogacy is a arrangement often supported by a legal agreement, whereby a women agrees to become pregnant, carry the pregnancy to due term and give birth to a child.
There are two types of Surrogacy – Traditional Surrogacy & Gestational surrogacy.
- In traditional surrogacy a surrogate mother is artificially inseminate either by the intended father or an anonymous donor, and carries the baby to term. The child is thereby genetically related to both the surrogate mother who provides the egg, and the intended father or anonymous donor.
- In gestational surrogacy, an egg is removed from the intended mother or an anonymous donor and fertilized with the sperm of the intended father or anonymous donor. The fertilized egg or embryo is then transferred to a surrogate who carries the baby to term. The child is thereby genetically related to the women who donated the egg and the intended father or sperm donor, but not the surrogate.
Qualification or guideline to be a surrogate.
- Has delivered a child of their own and is currently parenting atleast one child.
- Has an an uncomplicated pregnancy or delivery.
- A surrogate age should be between 21 years to 35 years.
- BMI (Body Mass Index) should be Less than 33.
- A surrogate should be legal citizen of India.
- She should have family or partner support.
- Leads a stable and responsible lifestyle.
- Should be willing to undergo IVF process.
- Should not be drug, alcohol and smoke abuse.
What are indications to adopt surrogacy
- Absent uterus
- Multiple IVF failures
- Thin endometrium which is non responsive to medicine
- Cervical incompetence causing multiple miscarriages.
- Serve kidney, liver and heart diseases
Medical test to select surrogate :
- Ultrasound of pelvis.
- Blood test for infection and organs function test.
- Physical mental well-being assessment.
The selected surrogate and intended couple have to undergo legal procedure like Signing legal documents under guidance of legal Advisor.
Surrogacy Clinic in Ahmedabad
At Motherhood Hospital - the
best surrogacy clinic in Gujarat
, we offer an environment where intended parents and a surrogate mother can speak freely. We understand that the process is not easy for anyone. Hence, we provide utmost comfort to parents as well as surrogate mothers. Our surrogacy clinic in Ahmedabad has surrogacy doctors with years of experience handling such cases.
Surrogacy Cost in Ahmedabad
The intended parents cover all surrogate expenses. The surrogacy cost in Ahmedabad includes consultation fees, legal fees, childbirth costs, surrogate mother costs, etc. In addition, the cost also consists of the number of consultations a surrogate mother requires during the pregnancy.