Gynaecologic cancer is a medical term used for cancer that arises in women’s reproductive organs. Every woman needs to understand this so that they can identify with symptoms at an early stage if they have and consult the best gynaecologist in Ahmedabad. Women can have five types of gynaecologic cancer. Here are their symptoms, and treatments.
Cervical cancer is one of the most common types of gynaecologic cancer that takes form in the cervix. It is mostly detected at an advanced stage due to a lack of awareness.
- Back pain
- After intercourse, vaginal bleeding
- Abnormal foul-smelling vaginal discharge
- During intercourse, there is pain and discomfort.
- If cervical cancer is detected at an early stage, it can be cured by radical surgery.
- When it is detected at the advanced stage, it has to be treated with a combination of chemo and radiation therapy.
Uterine cancer takes form in the uterus or womb. It is subdivided into endometrial cancers, uterine sarcomas, and endometrial stromal tumors.
- Menopause-related vaginal bleeding
- Premenopausal women’s bleeding between periods
- Vaginal discharge that is abnormally bloodstained
- Pelvic discomfort
- Endometrial cancer is treated by laparoscopic surgery in most cases.
- The treatment may take up to 2-3 days.
- However, it may take further treatment with a combination of chemotherapy and radiotherapy. This depends on the patient’s condition.
Ovarian cancer arises in one or both ovaries that can be subdivided into epithelial ovarian cancer, germ cell cancer, and stromal cell cancer.
- Distension in the abdomen and a bloated feeling
- Abdominal and pelvic pain that in persists abnormal vaginal hemorrhage or discharge
- Changes in bowel patterns, inability to eat, nausea, and feeling full after a modest amount of food
- Epithelial ovarian cancer is to be treated by surgery. However, this tends to recur again. In these cases, it has to be treated with surgery or chemotherapy.
- Germ cell cancer, which is seen in young ladies, needs to be cured by surgery.
- Stromal cell cancer usually grows at a slow pace. Therefore, it is cured only by surgery.
Vaginal cancer takes form in a tissue of the vagina which is one of the rarest types of cancer. Generally, this cancer is seen in women over 50 years of age.
- Abnormal bleeding between cycles or after menopause vaginal bleeding after sex
- Vaginal skin with a raised bulge
- Vaginal soreness that may leak when touched
- The treatment of vaginal cancer depends on the case.
- Some cases are treated just with surgery, others require treatment with a combination of radiotherapy and chemotherapy.
Vulvar cancer AKA vulval cancer takes form outside of women’s genitals. This is also one of the rarest types of cancer that are seen in elderly women.
- Persistent non-healing ulcer on the vulva
- The painful or thickened area on the vulva
- Vulvar cancer is mostly treated by radical surgery. However, some cases require radiation and chemotherapy.
When it comes to health, women must take special care. They must understand these gynaecologic cancers and observe changes in their body face so that they can consult the best gynaecological cancer surgeon in Ahmedabad at the earliest and go through the required treatments.